4D Device Drivers 8.2
The issue could be that your 4D Embroidery System
updated to version 8.2/8.21
, but the installed 4D
on your computer is version 8.0
If this is the
case then you would need to install the 4D Device Drivers 8.2
to communicate with your Embroidery Machine
Confirm that you have installed the 4D Device Drivers 8.2
- On your computer, click on your Start
- Click the Control Panel option. The
- Click on the Add/Remove Programs
options (Programs and
Features for Windows Vista users).
- Scroll to the the top of the list.
A 32-bit Device Drivers 8.2
entry will be
there if you have
the 4D Device Drivers 8.2.
Windows Vista 64-bit users will see a 64-bit
Device Drivers 8.2 entry if they have installed the 4D Device Drivers
Did you see a 32-bit Device
Drivers 8.2 entry?
The issue may be because of the Security Settings
on your computer
It would appear that the 4D Device Drivers 8.2
installed on your computer. Use the steps below to download the 4D
Device Drivers 8.2
via Smart Update
then install them:
Windows Vista 64-bit
users should use FAQ
# SM015 to find the 64-bit 4D Device Drivers 8.2.
- Ensure your dongle supplied with your 4D
is connected to your computer.
- Ensure you are connected to the Internet.
- Start 4D Configure (select Start,
All Programs, 4D Embroidery System,
- Click the Smart Update button.
- Your Internet browser will start and display the first Smart
- Click the green arrow to see the next page containing the Smart
Updates you need.
If you have already downloaded and installed all the Smart
Updates you are eligible for, there will be no Smart Updates listed.
- Click the disk icons for the 4D Embroidery System
Drivers 8.2 update to download it. Make a note of where you
- After you have finished downloading the update, it must
installed on your computer. If you did not save the updates on your Windows
Desktop, use Explorer to browse to the
location where you
saved the updates.
- Double-click the 4DEmbroideryDrivers82_XP_32Vista.exe
file to install it.
- If you are using Windows Vista; click Continue
any User Account Control
messages that appear.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the
- On a Windows Vista computer; near the
end of the
you will see
a "Would you like to install this device software"
Click the Install button
Windows XP Users
After doing the above steps, you will need to manually install the 4D
Device Drivers 8.2
Try to send a design from a 4D module. After a few moments, the
should appear on the screen of your Embroidery
If no design appears on
the screen of your Embroidery
after approximately 30 seconds; this may be the result of your Security Settings